Business & Strategies Europe (B&S Europe), a Brussels based consultancy firm with twenty years of experience providing capacity building services, ensuring “Assistance to the implementation of the European Union High Level Advisers’ Mission to the Republic of Moldova 2016-2018”, seeks to employ Assistants of EU High Level Advisers (male or female) in the fields of
Anti-Money Laundering and Customs (two positions)
Background information: The EU High Level Advisers to Moldova are high level experts who provide policy advice in key sectors of the country’s EU-related reform agenda. For the efficient implementation of the High Level Advisers’ (HLA) tasks, each of these is supported by an HLA Assistant, who plays the role of personal assistant and language assistant. The duration of his/her assignment is paired with that of the relevant Adviser (indicatively 240 working days per year).
• Office management and administrative assistance to the HLA, including daily organisation of the office;
• Drafting of minutes of meetings and other written materials in English, Romanian and/or Russian languages;
• Assistance to the HLA in monitoring and reporting tasks, in the framework of the assessment of progress made in the respective sector;
• Logistical support;
• Provision of language assistance, including translation and interpretation (English/Romanian/Russian and vice versa).
Qualifications and skills:
• University Degree or a professional experience of 5 years, relevant for the position of HLA Assistant in the above-mentioned fields;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Proven report writing skills;
• Computer literacy;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Fluency in Romanian and Russian languages;
• Flexible working approach and ability to plan and prioritise a continually changing schedule;
• High communication, presentation and organisational skills.
• At least 3 years of professional experience, relevant to the position;
• Knowledge of the EU policy framework in the given sector;
• Working experience in international projects or international environment.
Professional experience as interpreter/translator will be considered a strong asset.
The applicants must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Note: Civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
Applications, including CV and cover letter specifying field/s of interest, shall be submitted to email@example.com. The deadline for application is July 9 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.