Business & Strategies Europe (B&S Europe), a Brussels based consultancy firm with twenty years of experience providing capacity building services, ensuring “Assistance to the implementation of the European Union High Level Advisers’ Mission to the Republic of Moldova 2016-2018”, seeks to employ
Assistant (male/female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Employment law and EU legislation in employment related areas
Background information: The EU High Level Advisers to Moldova are high level experts who provide policy advice in key sectors of the country’s EU-related reform agenda. For the efficient implementation of the High Level Advisers’ (HLA) tasks, each of these is supported by an HLA Assistant, who plays the role of personal assistant and language assistant. The duration of his/her assignment is paired with that of the relevant Adviser (indicatively 240 working days per year).
• Office management and administrative assistance to the HLA, including daily organisation of the office;
• Drafting of minutes of meetings and other written materials in English, Romanian and/or Russian languages;
• Assistance to the HLA in monitoring and reporting tasks, in the framework of the assessment of progress made in the respective sector;
• Logistical support;
• Provision of language assistance, including translation and interpretation (English/Romanian/Russian and vice versa).
Qualifications and skills:
• University Degree or professional experience of 5 years in the fields of labour legislation or employment policies;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Proven report writing skills;
• Computer literacy;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Fluency in Romanian and Russian languages;
• Flexible working approach and ability to plan and prioritise a continually changing schedule;
• High communication, presentation and organisational skills.
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of labour legislation or employment policies;
• Knowledge of the EU policy framework in the field of employment;
• Working experience in international organisations or private sector.
The applicants must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Note: Civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
Applications, including CV and cover letter specifying the position applied for, shall be submitted to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 23 March 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.